Considerations related to telemetry tasks for your environment's deployment
Your environment's form-factor (CDP Public Cloud or CDP Private Cloud) and where your workload cluster is hosted determines how you enable telemetry for Cloudera Observability. This topic explains how you decide the telemetry tasks for your environment's form-factor and the steps required for telemetry enablement.
Determining what information to provide and which telemetry configuration steps to choose is dependent on your deployment architecture and where your workload cluster is hosted.
The below diagram shows the communication between Cloudera Observability and your workload clusters in CDP Public Cloud and CDP Private Cloud through Cloudera Manager's Telemetry Publisher. The Cloudera Observability service, including its main component services, runs in the Cloudera Cloud Environment, and your workload jobs run in the Working Environment of your CDP cloud platform that contains the clusters and/or services required to run your workload processes:
CDP Public Cloud Form-factor 1
- If your workload cluster is hosted on one or multiple Data Hub clusters in CDP Public
Cloud, you enable telemetry when you register your environment in the Cloudera
Management Console by turning on the Enable Workload Analytics
For more information on Enabling Telemetry for Cloudera Observability, click the Related Information link below.
- If your workload cluster is hosted on one or multiple CDP clusters using Cloudera Data
Engineering (CDE) and/or a Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) data service in CDP Public
Cloud, do the following:
- For CDW, do nothing. By default telemetry is enabled.
- For CDE, you enable telemetry when you enable your CDE service by selecting the
Enable Workload Analytics check box.
For more information on Enabling a Cloudera Data Engineering service, click the Related Information link below.
CDP Private Cloud Form-factor 2
- For a
cloud region use:
- For a EU-central-1 cloud region use:
- For a AP-southeast-2 cloud region use:
To enable telemetry for CDP Private Cloud the following tasks must be performed:
- Ensure your firewall rules will allow communication to the endpoint. For more information on Configuring Your Firewall, click the Related Information link below.
- Generate the Telemetry Publisher access credentials. For more information on Generating Telemetry Publisher Access Credentials, click the Related Information link below.
- Enable the Telemetry Publisher service on each of your workload clusters using the Telemetry Publisher access credentials you generated in task 2. For more information on Configuring Telemetry Publisher, click the Related Information link below.