Enabling telemetry for a Data Hub deployment
Steps for enabling the collection of your workload analytic diagnostic data by Cloudera Telemetry Publisher, which is a service that collects and sends your workload diagnostic information about your job and query processes to Cloudera Observability.
- For CDP clusters using a Data Hub service. Telemetry Publisher collects this
information and sends it to Cloudera Observability.
By default, the collection of diagnostic data is disabled. You enable telemetry when you register and configure your Cloudera environment in the Cloudera Management Console by turning on the Enable Workload Analytics option. For more information on how to register your Cloudera environment and the configuration settings, see the Register an AWS environment from CDP UI topic in the Cloudera Docs Management Console Public Cloud documentation, by clicking the Related Information link below.
- For CDP clusters using Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) and/or Cloudera Data
Engineering (CDE) services, Databus WXM Client collects this information and
sends it to Cloudera Observability:
- By default, the collection of diagnostic data is enabled for CDW.
- By default, the collection of diagnostic data is disabled for CDE. You enable telemetry when you enable your CDE service by selecting the Enable Workload Analytics check box. For more information on Enabling a Cloudera Data Engineering service, click the Related Information link below.
You must be logged in to the Cloudera Management Console and you must have completed all the prerequisite tasks for registering an environment that are described in the Cloudera Docs Management Console Public Cloud documentation. For more information, click the Related Information link below.
- From the Management Console navigation panel, select Environments.
- In the Environment page, click Register Environment.
- In the Register Environment wizard, enter your required environment settings using the wizard's instructions on its side panel for the General Information, Data Access and Data Lake Scaling, Region, and Networking and Security pages.
- In the Logs section on the Storage page, enter your log storage requirements.
- In the Telemetry section, slide the Enable Workload Analytics toggle switch to the right and then confirm this setting by clicking Enable.
- Click Register Environment.