Adding and starting an instance of Telemetry Publisher
Describes how to associate a Workload cluster with Telemetry Publisher by designating a host cluster with the Telemetry Publisher service role and starting the Telemetry Publisher service for Cloudera Observability.
After configuring and adding the Telemetry Publisher credentials, the Telemetry Publisher service must be associated with your Working cluster by adding the Telemetry Publisher service role to a designated host and starting the Telemetry Publisher role instance.
- In Cloudera Manager, select Clusters and then locate and select Cloudera Management Service.
Add the Telemetry Publisher role on the Cloudera Manager
Server nodes by doing the following:
From the Actions menu, select Add
The Add Role Instances for Cloudera Management Service wizard opens.
Click inside the Telemetry Publisher
The Hosts Selected dialog box opens.
Select the check box of the host for the Telemetry Publisher and click
The wizard populates the Telemetry Publisher field with the selected host name.
- Click Continue.
- In the Review Changes page, review your selection and click Continue.
- From the Actions menu, select Add Role Instances.
- Start Telemetry Publisher by selecting the Instances tab, selecting the Telemetry Publisher check box, and then from the Actions for Selected menu, select Start.
- In the Start message, confirm starting the Telemetry Publisher Service on your cluster by clicking Start.
- Monitor the progress until the Successfully started service message appears and then click Close.