This is the first release of Cloudera Observability for Cloudera Data Platform (CDP).
Cloudera Observability is CDP’s single pane of glass observability solution, continually discovering and collecting performance telemetry across data, applications, and infrastructure components running in all your CDP deployments on private and public clouds. It enables you to interactively explore and understand your existing environments, data services, workloads, clusters, and resources running in CDP.
With advanced intelligent analytics and correlations, it provides insights and easy to follow recommendations that reduce time to resolution of complex issues, help manage and optimize costs, and improve performance. Cloudera Observability also supports better financial governance by tracking and reporting on the costs associated with your business’ cost centers.
- Watch and protect against budget overruns with its financial governance capabilities, allowing you to define cost centers and chargeback reports.
- Keep workloads and services healthy with active system monitoring, so you not only know what’s going on right now, you’ll be comparing to previous trends and historical analysis, to predict issues before they happen, receive alerts to take actions, and get automatic mitigations when possible.
- Improve performance with automations that help things run as best as they can, helping you optimize resource utilization and improve performance. With recommendations, you'll get insights into how to tune, and with custom automatic actions, CDP can be configured to auto-tune, your way.
- Maintain end to end health by identifying and eliminating service bottlenecks that impact performance, while also ensuring your entire system, from infrastructure to platform, and workload, is healthy and optimized.
- Get actionable insights through self-service analytics, putting easy to use visualizations into everyone’s hands.
Cloudera Observability also helps you get better support. When telemetry is sent to the online service, it’s shareable with Cloudera technical support. This dramatically shortens the troubleshooting time and helps you partner with your support team to get faster time to resolution on the more complex issues that may arise.
- Gain insights on current and completed workload jobs and queries, resource consumption, and system performance from a wide range of metrics.
- Identify bottlenecks, performance, and resource health issues from a wide range of health tests.
- Address performance issues with performance tuning and prescriptive guidance and recommendations.
- Gain visibility into the workload resource costs of your environment’s infrastructure with the Financial Governance Chargeback feature.
- Achieve faster resolution and minimal downtime for support cases by providing read-only troubleshooting access to Cloudera Support with the Expedited Support feature.
- Define workload thresholds and consumption rules, create actions and alerts, and securely control user access, with the Workload Views and Access Management features.
- Cloudera Observability Essential:
Available free of charge, which provides a number of valuable capabilities for self-service troubleshooting and a limited set of mitigation and auto action features. Essential also supports expedited support case resolution.
- Cloudera Observability
A licensed tier that extends self-service insights further while providing full access to powerful, automated optimization.
In this release, we deliver observability covering Hive, Impala, MapReduce, Oozie, and Spark.