Enabling Cloudera Data Engineering
Before you can use the Cloudera Data Engineering (CDE) service, you must enable it on each environment that you want to use CDE on.
Make sure that you have a working environment for which you want to enable the CDE service. For more information about environments, see Environments.
- Navigate to the Cloudera Data Engineering Overview page by clicking the Data Engineering tile in the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) management console.
- In the Environments column, click the plus icon at the top or the Enable new CDE link at the bottom to enable CDE for an environment.
- Start typing the name of the environment that you want to enable CDE for. The displayed list dynamically updates to show environment names matching your input. When you see the correct environment, click on it to select it.
- Select the Workload Type.The workload type corresponds to the instance size that will be deployed to run your submitted Spark jobs. When you select a type, the corresponding cloud provider instance size is displayed in the Summary section to the right.
- Set the Auto-Scale Range.The range you set here determines the minimum and maximum number of instances that can be used. The CDE service launches and shuts down instances as needed within this range. The instance size is determined by the Workload Type you selected.
- Click Create.