November 9, 2021
This release (1.13) of the Cloudera Data Engineering (CDE) service on CDP Public Cloud introduces the new features and improvements that are described in this topic.
Non-transparent proxy support
- CDE supports deploying into CDP environments using a non-transparent proxy.
- The proxy is registered and enabled during CDE environment creation.
- The proxy configuration is automatically added to the deployed CDE service and virtual clusters (VCs).
UI support for Python virtual environments
- You can now create custom Python resources on the CDE UI, including virtual environments (venvs)
- These custom venvs are selectable in the job creation wizard when creating PySpark jobs.
Support for Airflow core operators
- With Airflow 2, Cloudera now supports all core operators.
Support for Ranger Authorization Service
- CDE now supports Ranger Authorization Service (RAZ) in AWS and Azure environments.
- For more information, see RAZ support requirements