Creating Sessions in Cloudera Data Engineering [Technical Preview]
A Cloudera Data Engineering (CDE) Session is an interactive short-lived development environment for running Spark commands to help you iterate upon and build your Spark workloads.
- In the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) console, click the Data Engineering tile. The Home page displays.
Click Sessions in the left navigation menu and then click Create
- Enter a Name for the Session.
- Select a Type, for example, PySpark or Scala.
- Select a Timeout value. The Session will stop after the indicated time has passed.
- Optionally, enter a Description for the session.
- Optionally, enter the Configurations.
- Set the Compute options.
- Click Create. The Connect tab displays a list of connectivity options available to interact with the Session. The Interact tab allows you to interact with the Session, and becomes available once the Session is running.