Configuring the CLI client
The CDE CLI client uses a configuration file,
~/.cde/config.yaml, to define the default CDE virtual
cluster to interact with, as well as other configuration
Make sure that you have downloaded the CDE CLI client.
- Determine the virtual cluster endpoint URL.
- Navigate to the Cloudera Data Engineering Overview page.
- In the Environments column, select the environment containing the virtual cluster you want to access using the CLI.
- In the Virtual Clusters column on the right, click the Cluster Details icon for the virtual cluster you want to access.
- Copy the URL under JOBS API URL.
- On the host with the CLI client, create or edit the
configuration file at
- In the configuration file, specify the CDP user and virtual
cluster endpoint as follows:
user: <CDP_user> vcluster-endpoint: <CDE_virtual_cluster_endpoint>The user account is your CDP workload user.
- Save the configuration file, and then run
cde job listto verify your configuration. Enter your password when prompted.