Locking and unlocking a CDE Service
Locking a Cloudera Data Engineering (CDE) Service freezes the configuration of a Service and its corresponding Virtual Clusters. When a Service is locked, you are unable to edit, add, or delete a Service and its Virtual Clusters.
You may want to lock a Service in scenarios where you don't want configuration changes to occur during a planned upgrade of CDE. The lock and unlock options will display interchangeably, depending on the state that the Service is in. For example, if the Service is unlocked, you will only see the Lock Service option when you complete the steps below. Once your Service is locked, you will see the option to Unlock it as you complete the steps below.
- In the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) console, click the Data Engineering tile. The CDE Home page displays.
- Click Administration.
- Locate the Service that you want to lock or unlock.
- Click on the Service, and select the Lock Service or Unlock Service option.
- Enter the name of the Service that you want to lock or unlock as this confirms your choice.
- Click the appropriate Lock Service or Unlock button.