Known Issues and Limitations
A list of known issues and limitations for this release of Streams Replication Manager
- MM2-163: SRM does not sync re-created source topics until the offsets have caught up with target topic
- Messages written to topics that were deleted and re-created are not replicated until the source topic reaches the same offset as the target topic. For example, if at the time of deletion and re-creation there are a 100 messages on the source and target clusters, new messages will only get replicated once the re-created source topic has 100 messages. This leads to messages being lost.
- CSP-736: SRM may automatically re-create deleted topics
auto.create.topics.enableis enabled, deleted topics are automatically recreated on source clusters.
- Prior to deletion, remove the topic from the topic
whitelist with the
srm-controltool. This prevents topics from being re-created.
srm-control topics --source [SOURCE_CLUSTER] --target [TARGET_CLUSTER] --remove [TOPIC1][TOPIC2]
- CSP-462: Replication failing when SRM driver is present on multiple nodes
- Kafka replication fails when the SRM driver is installed on more than one node.
- SRM cannot replicate Ranger authorization policies to or from Kafka clusters
- Due to a limitation in the Kafka-Ranger plugin, SRM cannot
replicate Ranger policies to or from clusters that are configured to use Ranger for
authorization. If you are using SRM to replicate data to or from a cluster that uses
Ranger, disable authorization policy synchronization in SRM. This can be achieved by