If you need help with Cloudbreak, you have two options:
|Hortonworks Community Connection||This is free optional support via Hortonworks Community Connection (HCC).|
|Hortonworks Flex Support Subscription||This is paid Hortonworks enterprise support.|
You can register for optional free community support at Hortonworks Community Connection where you can browse articles and previously answered questions, and ask questions of your own. When posting questions related to Cloudbreak, make sure to use the "Cloudbreak" tag.
You can optionally use your existing Hortonworks flex support subscription(s) to cover the Cloudbreak node and clusters managed by it.
You must have an existing SmartSense ID and a Flex subscription. For general information about the Hortonworks Flex Support Subscription, visit the Hortonworks Support page at https://hortonworks.com/services/support/enterprise/.
The general steps are:
- Configure Smart Sense in your
- Register your Flex subscription in the Cloudbreak web UI. You can register and manage multiple Flex subscriptions. For example, you can choose to use your Flex subscription to cover the Cloudbreak node.
- When creating a cluster, in the General Configuration > Flex Subscription, you can select the Flex subscription that you want to use for the cluster.
To configure SmartSense in Cloudbreak, enable SmartSense and add your SmartSense ID to the
Profile by adding the following variables:
export CB_SMARTSENSE_CONFIGURE=true export CB_SMARTSENSE_ID=YOUR-SMARTSENSE-ID
export CB_SMARTSENSE_CONFIGURE=true export CB_SMARTSENSE_ID=A-00000000-C-00000000
You can do this in one of the two ways:
- When initiating Cloudbreak deployer
- After you've already initiated Cloudbreak deployer. If you choose this option, you must restart Cloudbreak using
Register and manage flex subscriptions
Once you log in to the Cloudbreak web UI, you can manage your Flex subscriptions from the Settings page > Flex Subscriptions:
- Register a new Flex subscription
- Set a default Flex subscription ("Default")
- Select a Flex subscription to be used for the Cloudbreak node ("Use for controller")
- Delete a Flex subscription
Use flex subscription for a cluster
When creating a cluster, on the General Configuration page you can select the Flex subscription that you want to use for the cluster:
Use flex subscription for Cloudbreak node
To use a Flex subscription for Cloudbreak node, on the Settings page, in the Flex Subscriptions section, check the "Use for controller option" for the selected Flex ID.
More Cloudbreak resources
Check out the following documentation to learn more:
During cluster create process, Cloudbreak automatically installs Ambari and sets up a cluster for you. After this deployment is complete, refer to the Ambari documentation and HDP documentation for help.
|Hortonworks tutorials||Use Hortonworks tutorials to get started with Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Apache Zeppelin, and more.|
In addition to Hortonworks documentation, refer to the Apache Software Foundation documentation to get information on specific Hadoop services.
|Ambari blueprints||Learn about Ambari blueprints. Ambari blueprints are a declarative definition of a Hadoop cluster that Ambari can use to create Hadoop clusters.|
|Cloudbreak project||Visit the Hortonworks website to see Cloudbreak-related news and updates.|
|Apache Ambari project||Learn about the Apache Ambari project. Apache Ambari is an operational platform for provisioning, managing, and monitoring Apache Hadoop clusters. Ambari exposes a robust set of REST APIs and a rich web interface for cluster management.|