Create an IAM role for S3 access
In order to configure access from your cluster to Amazon S3, you must have an existing IAM role which determines what actions can be performed on which S3 buckets.
If you already have an IAM role, skip to the next step. If you do not have an existing IAM role, use the following instructions to create one.
- Navigate to the IAM console > Roles and click Create Role.
- In the “Create Role” wizard, select AWS service role type and then select
EC2 service and EC2 use case.
- When done, click Next: Permissions to navigate to the next page in the wizard.
- Select an existing S3 access policy or click Create policy to define a new
policy. If you are just getting started, you can select a built-in policy called
“AmazonS3FullAccess”, which provides full access to S3 buckets that are part of your account:
- When done attaching the policy, click Next: Review.
- In the Roles name field, enter a name for the role that you are creating:
- Click Create role to finish the role creation process.