Upgrading to HDP 3.1.4
You must use Ambari to either do a major (HDP 2.6.x to HDP 3.1.4) or a minor (HDP 3.0.x to HDP 3.1.4) upgrade.
If you already have HDP 2.6.x or HDP 3.0.x installed, upgrading your cluster to HDP 3.1.0 means:
- Keeping the same configuration files you used for HDP 2.6.x or HDP 3.0.x.
- Keeping the same data and metadata in the same location you used for HDP 2.6.x or HDP 3.0.x.
- Installing any new components (added for the first time in HDP 2.6.x or HDP 3.0.x) side-by-side with existing components.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you know whether you want to do a major or a minor upgrade.
- Ensure that you know which HDP components you need to upgrade at your installation.
- Read the Prepare to Upgrade section in the Ambari Upgrade Guide.
- See the Ambari Upgrade Guide for upgrade information and instructions.