General known issues on public clouds
Learn about the general known issues in Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service on public clouds, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- DWX-5841: Virtual Warehouse endpoints are now restricted to TLS 1.2
- Problem: TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are no longer considered secure, so now Virtual Warehouse endpoints must be secured with TLS 1.2 or later, and then the environment that the Virtual Warehouse uses must be reactivated in CDW. This includes both Hive and Impala Virtual Warehouses. To reactivate the environment in the CDW UI:
- Workaround: If environment reactivation is not possible, you can perform manual
steps using the
kubectlcommand line tool to pick up the TLS 1.2 endpoint change. Open a terminal window on a system where the
kubectlcommand line tool is installed, log in, and run the following commands:
kubectl edit svc nginx-service -n <cluster-name> # Add the following under the metadata.annotations field service.beta.kubernetes.io/aws-load-balancer-ssl-negotiation-policy: "ELBSecurityPolicy-TLS-1-2-2017-01" # Save and quit the editor, and then run the following command to check your changes. kubectl get svc nginx-service -n <cluster-name> -o yaml # Make sure that the annotation you added is present.
- DWX-5742: Upgrading multiple Hive and Impala Virtual Warehouses or Database Catalogs at the same time fails
- Problem: Upgrading multiple Hive and Impala Virtual Warehouses or Database Catalogs at the same time fails.
- Workaround: If you need to upgrade or create multiple Hive and Impala Virtual Warehouses or Database Catalogs, perform the upgrade or creation sequentially one at a time.