Activating AWS environments
This topic provides the procedure for activating Cloudera Data Platform environments on AWS for Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) Public Cloud.
Before you can create a Database Catalog to use in a Virtual Warehouse, you must activate an AWS environment that has been registered in Management Console. Activating an environment with Cloudera Data Warehouse service sets up the Kubernetes cluster, which provides the computing resources for the Database Catalog. In addition, activating an environment enables the CDW service to use the existing data lake that was set up for the environment, including all data, metadata, and security.
Required role: DWAdmin
- Determine which environment, which uses a particular data lake, is the environment you want to activate for use with a Database Catalog and Virtual Warehouse.
- Review the AWS environments requirements checklist.
- In the Data Warehouse service, expand the Environments column by clicking the More… menu on the left side of the page.
- In the Environments column, click the search icon and locate the environment that you want to activate.
When you locate the environment, click the activation icon to launch the
Activation Settings dialog box:
In the Activation Settings dialog box, you can enable
Specify the Deployment Mode:
For information about the supported deployment modes, see the links at the bottom of this page.
To view the public and private subnets that have been specified for your CDP environment, click Advanced Settings:
- Whitelist IP CIDR(s): Add a comma-separated list of IP CIDRs on your network that need access to Kubernetes endpoints and services endpoints of the Kubernetes cluster. Kubernetes endpoints are used to control the deployment and maintenance of workload components, such as Virtual Warehouses and Database Catalogs. Service endpoints are endpoints of services like Hive, Impala, Data Analytics Studio (DAS), or Hue. For more information about restricting access to endpoints, see the links at the bottom of this page.
- Use Overlay Network: Select this option if IP address exhaustion is a concern for your deployment. For more information about using overlay networks with AWS environments, see the links at the bottom of this page.
- After specifying the options you want for this environment, click Activate.