Downloading CDW and Kubernetes diagnostic bundles
To troubleshoot issues with CDW, download diagnostic bundles ZIP files stored in your public cloud account. This capability is available on AWS environments only.
- Before you can download log files, you must, of course, run workloads on your Hive or Impala Virtual Warehouse to generate the logs.
- Obtain the DWAdmin role.
- Log in to the CDP web interface and navigate to the CDW service.
Collect a diagnostic bundle for your environment, Database Catalog, or Virtual
Warehouse as follows:
- Environment bundle: Click Environments, select your environment, click , and then click Collect Diagnostic Bundle.
- Database Catalog bundle: Click Overview in the left navigation panel, select your Database Catalog, click , and click Collect Diagnostic Bundle.
- Virtual Warehouse bundle: Click Overview in the left navigation panel, select your Virtual Warehouse, click , and click Collect Diagnostic Bundle.
- Select information about events within selectable time ranges, or select By Custom Time Interval, and specify the interval you want.
- In Collect For, accept the default options for the types of logs to generate for the diagnostic bundle, or deselect options.
After some time, depending on your cluster size and log sizes, but typically after 10 seconds, a message indicating completion appears indicating the diagnostic bundle is generated:
Collection of Diagnostic Bundle … initiated.
- Click the name, or tile, of an environment, Database Catalog, or Virtual Warehouse.
- In Diagnostic Bundles, copy the location of the diagnostic bundle ZIP file you want to download.
In the Amazon S3 management console, navigate to the location of the diagnostic bundle ZIP file, download the ZIP file, decompress it, and look at the troubleshooting information in the files.From an Environment, Database Catalog, or Virtual Warehouse tile, you can clickto get information about, and collect bundles for, current or previous jobs you ran.