Known Issues in Impala Virtual Warehouses on public clouds
Learn about the known issues related to Impala Virtual Warehouse in Cloudera Data Warehouse service on public clouds, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- DWX-5276: Upgrading an older version of an Impala Virtual Warehouse can result in error state
- Problem: If you upgrade an older version of an Impala Virtual Warehouse (DWX 220.127.116.11-4) to the latest version, the Virtual Warehouse can get into an Updating or Error state.
- Workaround: none
- DWX-3914: Collect Diagnostic Bundle option does not work on older environments
- The Collect Diagnostic Bundle menu option in Impala Virtual Warehouses does not work for older environments:
- Data caching:
- This feature is limited to 200 GB per compute node, multiplied by the total number of compute nodes.
- Sessions with Impala continue to run for 15 minutes after the connection is disconnected.
- When a connection to Impala is disconnected, the session continues to run for 15 minutes in
case so the user or client can reconnect to the same session again by presenting the
session_token. After 15 minutes, the client must re-authenticate to Impala to establish a new connection.