Viewing and editing AWS environment details
This topic describes how to view and edit Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) AWS environment details in the Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) service UI.
You can view CDP AWS environment details without leaving the CDW service UI. Accessing the Environment Details page in the CDW UI also enables you to edit the description of the environment and the whitelisted IP CIDRs that control access to Kubernetes and service endpoints.
Required role for viewing environment details: DWUser
Required role for editing environment details: DWAdmin
You must activate an environment before you can view or edit its details. See "Activating AWS environments," which is linked to in the "Related information" section at the bottom of this page.
- In the Data Warehouse service, expand the Environments column by clicking the More… menu on the left side of the page.
- In the Environments column, click the search icon and locate the environment that you want to view.
- When you locate the environment you want to view, click the edit icon in the tile. This launches the Environment Details page.
In the Environment Details page, you can view information
about the environment, like when it was created and last updated, or how many Database
Catalogs and Virtual Warehouses use the environment:
You can also make the following changes:
- Add a description for the environment, which makes it easier to identify.
- If the environment uses AWS as its cloud provider, add or edit the list of Whitelist IP CIDR(s), which enable access from your internal network to the Kubernetes endpoints and the endpoints of services such as Hive, Impala, Data Analytics Studio (DAS), or Hue. For more information about editing the list of Whitelist IP CIDR(s), see "Restrict endpoint access," which is linked to in the "Related information" section at the bottom of this page.
- If you have made changes, click Apply in the upper right corner of the page to save them.