Tuning Impala Java tool options
After creating an Impala Virtual Warehouse, you can change the Java tool options. The options apply only to the Impala Catalog.
- The value of the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS represents JVM flags, but in this release, you can change only the Xmx and Xms values for CatalogD's JVM Heap.
- The Xmx flag value cannot be more than 24G.
- Floating point values for memory are not supported; only integers are supported.
Obtain the DWAdmin role.
- Log in to the CDP web interface and navigate to the Data Warehouse service.
- In the Data Warehouse service, click Overview in the left navigation pane.
- In the Overview page under Virtual Warehouses, select a Virtual Warehouse, click , and select Edit.
- Click Configurations.
- In Impala catalogd, in Configuration files, select env.
Adjust the value of environment variables JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS for Impala
- Click Apply in the upper right corner of the page to apply your changes.