Known Issues in Hive Virtual Warehouses on public clouds
- Result caching:
- This feature is limited to 10 GB.
- Data caching:
- This feature is limited to 200 GB per compute node, multiplied by the total number of compute nodes.
- DWX-5281: Query fails with "Dag submit failed..." error
- Problem: Queries might fail intermittently and return the following error:
Dag submit failed due to Invalid host name: local host is: (unknown);
- Workaround: Set the following configuration properties in the Hive
Virtual Warehouse details page:
- In the Cloudera Data Warehouse UI, click the edit icon on the Hive Virtual Warehouse that is returning the error.
- In the Virtual Warehouse details page, select the Hiveserver2 tab
in the Configurations panel in the center of the page, and then
search for the
- Set the parameter to the following value:
- Still in the Configurations panel, click the Query
coordinator, search for the same configuration parameter
hive.llap.split.location.provider.class), and set it to the same value specified in Step 3.
- Click Apply in the upper right corner of the page to save your changes.
- DWX-5277: Race condition might occur during auto-scaling that can result in query failures
- Problem: This race condition occurs intermittently when queries are submitted rapidly
from tools such as jmeter. To mitigate this issue, the default value for the
hive.llap.split.location.provider.classhas been set to
com.github.cloudera.llap.K8sHostAffinitySplitLocationProviderin this release. This configuration change is known to cause up to 10% performance degradation for some Hive workloads.
- Workaround: If performance degradation is observed, edit the Hive Virtual Warehouse
hive-sitesetting for the Query coordinator and Hiveserver2, by setting
- DWX-2690: Older versions of Beeline return SSLPeerUnverifiedException when submitting a query
Problem: When submitting queries to Virtual Warehouses that use Hive, older Beeline clients return an SSLPeerUnverifiedException error:
javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Host name ‘ec2-18-219-32-183.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com’ does not match the certificate subject provided by the peer (CN=*.env-c25dsw.dwx.cloudera.site) (state=08S01,code=0)
Workaround: Only use Beeline clients from CDP Runtime version 220.127.116.11 or later.