Known Issues in Hive Virtual Warehouses on public clouds
Learn about the known issues related to Hive Virtual Warehouse in Cloudera Data Warehouse service on public clouds, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- Result caching:
- This feature is limited to 10 GB.
- Data caching:
- This feature is limited to 200 GB per compute node, multiplied by the total number of compute nodes.
- DWX-5926: Cloning an existing Hive Virtual Warehouse fails
- Problem: If you have an existing Hive Virtual Warehouse that you clone by selecting Clone from the drop-down menu, the cloning process fails. This does not apply to creating a new Hive Virtual Warehouse.
- Workaround: Make the following configuration change to resolve this issue:
- In the Hive Virtual Warehouse tile, click the edit icon. This launches the Virtual Warehouse details page.
- In the details page for the Virtual Warehouse:
- Click the Configurations tab:
- Click the Hiveserver2 sub-tab.
- Select hive-site from the configuration file drop-down list menu.
- Search for the configuration property
- Set the
hive.metastore.sasl.enabledconfiguration property to
- Click Apply in the upper right corner of the page to save the configuration.
- Click the Actions menu and select Clone to clone the Hive Virtual Warehouse:
- DWX-5277: Race condition might occur during auto-scaling that can result in query failures
- Problem: This race condition occurs intermittently when queries are submitted rapidly
from tools such as jmeter. To mitigate this issue, the default value for the
hive.llap.split.location.provider.classhas been set to
com.github.cloudera.llap.K8sHostAffinitySplitLocationProviderin this release. This configuration change is known to cause up to 10% performance degradation for some Hive workloads.
- Workaround: If performance degradation is observed, edit the Hive Virtual Warehouse
hive-sitesetting for the Query coordinator and Hiveserver2, by setting
- DWX-2690: Older versions of Beeline return SSLPeerUnverifiedException when submitting a query
Problem: When submitting queries to Virtual Warehouses that use Hive, older Beeline clients return an SSLPeerUnverifiedException error:
javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Host name ‘ec2-18-219-32-183.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com’ does not match the certificate subject provided by the peer (CN=*.env-c25dsw.dwx.cloudera.site) (state=08S01,code=0)
Workaround: Only use Beeline clients from CDP Runtime version 184.108.40.206 or later.