Adding a compaction alert
You can define compaction alert rules for your Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) deployment based on Prometheus expressions. The alerts are automatically triggered when specific events occur in your deployment.
- In the Data Warehouse service, click Overview and expand the Environments column.
- Click and locate an environment having a Database Catalog you activated for CDW.
- Click the environment options and select Edit.
In the Environment Details page, click the
ALERT SETTINGS tab and then click Add
Enter the following information for the new alert:
- ID and Name of the alert
- An error or warning message to display when the alert is triggered
- The Prometheus expression to specify conditions that trigger the alert
- Duration to specify how long the conditions last before the alert is triggered
- Severity of the alert — Error or Warning
- Click Create.