Onboarding COD users
To enable users to work on Cloudera Operational Database (COD) and various CDP components, like HBase and Phoenix, you can onboard them to COD.
- You have created a CDP environment. See CDP environments.
- You have a prior knowledge of HBase and Phoenix.
- Set up a workload password in CDP to compile any application against COD. See Setting the workload password.
- Create an Operational Database on your CDP environment. See Creating a database using COD.
- Assign the appropriate roles to the COD users. See User management in COD.
- Configure and deploy an edge node to work with HBase and Phoenix thick clients. See Configuring edge nodes.