DSS Installation Artifacts
Before starting the installation, you must download the DSS repository tarballs and management pack from the Hortonworks Customer Portal following the instructions provided as part of the product procurement process. For DSS, you need to get an RPM tarball for the DSS application, and an RPM tarball and an Ambari management pack for the DP Profiler Agent.
- Log into the Hortonworks Customer Portal. Access instructions are provided as part of your product procurement process.
- Click the Data Steward Studio link at the bottom of the portal landing page to access the DSS Download Page.
- Download the following artifacts appropriate to your operating system:
- Repository Tar Ball for the DSS App
- Repository Tar Ball for the DP Profiler Agent
- Ambari Management Pack Tar Ball for the DP Profiler Agent
|DSS Artifact Name||Artifact Type||How is it Installed|
|DSS App||RPM tarball that user needs to create a local repository from||
|DP Profiler Agent||
Need #1 and #2 per OS that you will support for clusters.
|Ambari management pack scripts|
The MPack package for the DataPlane profiler agent includes MPack files for both the HDP 2.6.5 and HDP 3.0 versions. You need to unzip the package and identify the MPack to use depending on your version of HDP. You can identify the MPack from the name of the file. For example, the HDP 3.x MPack will have the string hdp3 in its name and the HDP 2.6.x MPack will have the string hdp2 in its name. Make sure you use the right MPack corresponding to your HDP version for installation. The MPack package also includes the pre-upgrade and post-upgrade scripts. Follow the upgrade instructions and use these scripts if you plan to upgrade from an earlier version.