Adding a Cloudera Data Engineering service
Before you can use the Cloudera Data Engineering (CDE) service, you must add the service to an environment that you want to use CDE on.
Make sure that you have a working environment for which you want to enable the CDE service. For more information about environments, see Environments.
- In the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) console, click the Data Engineering tile. The CDE Home page displays.
Click Administration on the left navigation menu, click at the top to enable CDE service for an
If the environment does not have any CDE service, the page displays a Enable a Service button that launches the same wizard.
- Enter a Name for the CDE service you are creating.
- In the Environment text box, select or type the name of the environment that you want to enable CDE for. The displayed list dynamically updates to show environment names matching your input. When you see the correct environment, click on it to select it.
In Resource Pool (Technical Preview), select the name of the
resource pool that you want to enable CDE service for.
For information about configuring resource pool and capacity, see Managing cluster resources using Quota Management (Technical Preview).
- In Capacity (Technical Preview), use the slider to set the maximum number of CPU cores and the maximum memory in gigabytes that can be used by this CDE service.
- Optional: Under Additional Configurations, in NFS Storage Class, specify the name of the custom NFS storage class. By default, CDE uses the platform's in-built storage class discovered using the provisioner. The first storage class will be used if multiple storage classes are configured using the same provisioner.
- Default Virtual Cluster selection is enabled by default to create a default virtual cluster after enabling a CDE service. This helps you to create your jobs easily, without having to wait to create a CDE virtual cluster as mentioned in Creating virtual clusters, making the onboarding smoother. You can turn this toggle off if you do not wish to use a default virtual cluster.
- Click Enable.