Upgrading Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.7.2 or higher from CDH 6 to CDP-DC 7.x
The following general outline describes how to upgrade your Cloudera Data Science Workbench cluster from CDH 6 to CDP-DC. Refer to the relevant linked Cloudera Manager and CDH upgrade documentation for detailed steps required for this procedure.
- Migrate CDSW from RPM to CSD: see the instructions to migrate to CSD files.
- Download the correct CDSW CSD files for CDP-DC. The correct CSD file names are:
- For CDH 6: CLOUDERA_DATA_SCIENCE_WORKBENCH_CDH6_1.x.y.jar
- For CDP-DC: CLOUDERA_DATA_SCIENCE_WORKBENCH_CDPDC_1.x.y.jar
- Stop Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Log on to the Cloudera Manager Server host.
- Place the CSD files in /opt/cloudera/csd. This is the default location for CSD files.
- Restart Cloudera Manager Server.
- Upgrade to Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.7.2 (or higher). During the upgrade process, as you install, distribute, and activate the new parcel, take care to ensure that both CDSW CSD files (for CDH 6 and CDP-DC) are present on the Cloudera Manager Server host.
- Upgrade CDP-DC based on the CDP-DC upgrade documentation.
- Remove any existing CDH 6 CSDs from the Cloudera Manager Server host. This step is optional.
- Restart Cloudera Data Science Workbench.