In addition to providing default images, Cloudbreak allows you to create custom base images. Refer to this section if you would like to create custom images for Cloudbreak-managed clusters.
Default images are available for each supported cloud provider and region. The following table lists the default base images available:
|Cloud provider||Default image|
|AWS||Amazon Linux 2|
Since these default images may not fit the requirements of some users (for example when user requirements include custom OS hardening, custom libraries, custom tooling, and so on), you can use your own custom base images.
In order to use your own custom base images you must:
- Build your custom image(s).
- Prepare the custom image catalog JSON file and save it in a location accessible to the Cloudbreak instance.
- Register your custom image catalog in Cloudbreak.
- If using a different operating system than that included on default images, set the CB_ENABLED_LINUX_TYPES variable in Profile.
- Select a custom image when creating a cluster.
Only base images can be created and registered as custom images. Do not create or register prewarmed images as custom images.