Prerequisites for Using Anonymizer
Before you can use Anonymizer:
Make sure that you have Java JRE 1.8 or later installed. Anonymizer uses JRE 1.8 or later. After installing the JRE, open a terminal window and run the following command to verify it is installed correctly:
If this command returns information about the installed Java JRE, you have installed it correctly. For example, the following information is returned when the JRE 1.8 is installed:
java version "1.8.0_101" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)
Install the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) package from Oracle to enable AES-256 encryption. You can download the package from the Oracle web site. Follow instructions in the readme to install the package on Unix or Windows platforms. If you are using an OS X platform, see this article on StackOverflow.com.
Download Anonymizer. To download the Anonymizer JAR file:
- Log in to Navigator Optimizer.
- Depending on which page displays when you log in, do one of the following:
- If the Prepare Data page of the upload wizard displays, click the Anonymizer link in Step 4 to download the JAR file.
- If an analyzed workload displays in the Dashboard, navigate to the Prepare Data page of the upload wizard by selecting New workload or Clear Workload from the workload drop-down menu. The Prepare Data page of the upload wizard appears. Click the Anonymizer link in Step 4 to download the JAR file.
- Download the Anonymizer JAR file to a directory of your choice on your system.