Upgrading version 2.1.0 to 2.1.3 of Workload XM
Steps for upgrading version 2.1.0 to 2.1.3 of Workload XM.
These steps assume that you have:
- Recorded the Cloudera Manager host name of the server that contains an installation of Workload Manager, as this value is required during upgrading.
- Downloaded the latest Workload XM installation parcel and checksum from the Cloudera Downloads website.
- Downloaded the latest Workload XM installation CSD (.jar) file from the Cloudera Downloads website.
- Stop the Workload XM Service.
Do the following:
- In a terminal, SSH into the Cloudera Manager host server.
Copy the downloaded parcel (.parcel) and its checksum (.sha) file to
Copy the downloaded CSD (.jar) file to the
/opt/cloudera/parcel-repodirectory, set the ownership of the parcel and sha files to cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm.
/opt/cloudera/csddirectory, set the ownership of the CSD .jar file to cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm.
- In a supported web browser on the Workload XM on-premises cluster, log in to Cloudera Manager.
In Cloudera Manager, select Clusters,
Parcels, and then
In the list of parcels, the latest version appears with a gray Distribute label.
- Activate the Workload XM installation files by selecting Activate Only. Do not restart.
From the Cloudera Manager Host, restart the Cloudera Manager Server.
service cloudera-scm-server restart
- Navigate to the Workload XM service in the Cloudera Manager UI.
- Click Actions, and then Create the cloudera-sigma-pse-extended Directory.
- Click Actions and then Upgrade Database Schemas.
- Click Actions and then Start WXM.
- After all the roles have started, click Actions and then Repair Workload Database.