Adding the Phoenix Query Server Role
Assign the Phoenix Query Server role to all the hardware devices in the Workload XM environment.
- In a supported web browser on the Workload XM cluster, log in to Cloudera Manager.
- In Cloudera Manager, select Clusters, Phoenix, and then from the Actions menu, select Add Role Instances.
- In the Add Role Instances to PHOENIX page, click inside the Query Server x n field, which opens the Hosts Selected page.
Add the Query Server role to all hosts by doing the following:
- Select the check box by the side of each host, which adds a Query Server role icon in the Added Roles column for each selected host.
- Click OK, which takes you back to the Add Role Instances to PHOENIX page where the Query Server x n field is now populated with the selected host names.
- Click Continue.
- In the Review Changes page, verify the changes and click Continue.
- Click Finish.
- Back in the Cloudera Manager Home page, select Clusters, Phoenix, and then click the Instances tab.
- Select the check box by the side of each host.
- From the Actions for Selected list, select Restart.
- In the Restart message, confirm restarting the hosts by clicking Restart.
- Monitor the progress until the Successfully restarted service message appears for each restarted host and then click Close.