Fixed Issues in Streams Messaging Manager
Review the list of Streams Messaging Manager issues that are resolved in Cloudera Runtime 7.2.6.
- CDPD-16215: SMM showing inaccurate Producer Messages Count in multiple places.
If a producer was inactive for a few minutes it would be emptied from the Kafka broker cache. In that case, the producer's messages count entity would start from 0 in ServiceMonitor's database and show incorrect values for the "Messages" fields where that producer is shown.
- CDPD-16438: SMM does not handle sum() metrics correctly.
Single Point metrics (metrics that are a single timeStamp - Value pair such as sums, avgs etc) were showing data that might have been related to another timeSpan. So for instance when querying for 30 minutes that 6-hourly data was shown. The problematic queried timespans and the corresponding shown timespans were the following:
- 6 hours -> 6 hours, 1 hour, 30 mins
- 2 days -> 24 hours, 2 days
- CDPD-17889: SMM UI uses the "latestOutMessagesCount" field from the response for showing the number of messages at the ProducerDetail page.
If a producer is inactive for a few minutes, and gets evicted from the Kafka broker cache, the metrics will restart from 0 in ServiceMontior's database and will show inaccurate data at the messages field at the ProducerDetail page.
- OPSAPS-58488: SMM is missing from Ranger users for SchemaRegistry.
SMM cannot complete Schema Registry related API operations because it is not whitelisted for access in ranger.