Adding a CDP Private Cloud Data Services cluster
Using the new Cloudera Manager 7.6.5, you can either install Private Cloud Data Services by downloading the repository from the Internet or you can do an air gap installation if your Cloudera Manager does not have access to the Internet.
Before you begin:
- Ensure you have Cloudera Manager 7.6.5 installed and you have the entitlements to the CDP Private Cloud Data Services product.
- Only TLS 1.2 is supported for authentication with Active Directory/LDAP. You require TLS 1.2 to authenticate the CDP control plane with your LDAP directory service like Active Directory.
- When the system logs you out after some period of inactivity and the Add Cluster wizard is not yet finished, you must either restart Cloudera Manager or from the Home screen > select Add Cluster > choose CDP Private Cloud Base cluster > Click Continue, and then just click Cancel to leave the wizard.
- The Kubeconfig file is available in /etc/rancher/rke2/rke2.yaml
- If the installer fails, do not cancel the installation. For more information, see Manually uninstalling ECS from a cluster.
- If you are installing ECS on RHEL 8.4, step 2 and its substeps available in the next section are mandatory.