Configuring the MiNiFi Java MSI
The MSI file adds the Windows service for MiNiFi Java. The service is configured to be executed by either a local user in the computer, or a domain user in the Active Directory. Learn how to configure the MiNiFi Java MSI.
Using a Local User for MiNiFi Java Windows Service
There is no prerequisite to use a local user for the Windows service. The installer automatically sets up the user.
If a user specified in MiNiFi service username does not exist, the installer creates one with the specified MiNiFi service password. If the user already exists, the installer updates its password with the specified password.
Using a Domain User for MiNiFi Java Windows Service
- The computer must be part of the domain.
- The specified user must exist in the domain, and a correct password must be provided.
- ActiveDirectory PowerShell module must be available.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, set permission to
Log on as a service.
- Navigate to a machine where MiNiFi Java is installed and enter the following
gpupdatecommand is a machine-wide command and can be executed from any directory on the MiNiFi machine.
- Install the ActiveDirectory PowerShell module by entering the following in the PowerShell console:
- In the MiNiFi setup window, uncheck the Local User checkbox, and
then click Install.