Only hosts that are decommissioned using Cloudera Manager can be recommissioned.
Minimum Required Role: Operator (also provided by Configurator, Cluster Administrator, Limited Cluster Administrator , Full Administrator)
- In Cloudera Manager, select the cluster where you want to recommission hosts.
- In the left menu, click .
- Select the hosts that you want to recommission.
- Select .The End Maintenance (Suppress Alerts/Decommission dialog box opens. The role instances running on the hosts display at the top.
- To recommission the hosts, select Recommission Host(s).
- Choose one of the following:
- Bring hosts online and start all
All decommissioned roles will be recommissioned and started. HDFS DataNodes will be started first and brought online before decommissioning to avoid excess replication.
- Bring hosts online
All decommissioned roles will be recommissioned but remain stopped. You can restart the roles later.
- Bring hosts online and start all roles
- Click End Maintenance.