What's New in Cloudera Manager 7.4.2
New features and changed behavior for Cloudera Manager 7.4.2.
- Cloudera Bug: OPSAPS-55802: New Atlas Health Test checks health of the Atlas UI
- Previously, Cloudera Manager showed that the health of the Atlas service was good, even when the Atlas UI was not available. A new Health test was added for Atlas which checks the availability of the Atlas UI. This guarantees that Cloudera Manager shows Atlas's health as bad when the Atlas UI is not available. The health test is enabled by default.
- Cloudera Bug: OPSAPS-60146ConsumerEmission Timeout for Streams Messaging Manager is now configurable
- Consumer metrics emission timeout is
configurable for Streams Messaging Manager using the
- Cloudera Bug: OPSAPS-60223: Change Schema Registry log level to WARN for third-party components
- The log messages produced by Ranger are moved to a separate log file, keeping the schema registry log clean.
- OPSAPS-59410: BasicAuthentication over TLS support for Kafka Metrics
- Added TLS and BasicAuth support to the Kafka
Brokers' metrics-related HTTP endpoints. - If both the
ssl_enabledconfiguration properties are enabled, the endpoints will be encrypted via TLS. - If
kafka.http.metrics.authentication.enabledis enabled, BasicAuth will be enabled, the username and password will have to be provided in the following properties:
- OPSAPS-59446: Kafka client's configuration in Streams Messaging Manager has been simplified
- A Kafka clients' security.protocol is
auto-configured in Streams Messaging Manager configuration. This
change removes the 'Kafka Client Security Protocol' parameter where it
was set manually. the Jaas configuration for Kafka Clients can be
overridden by using the
streams.messaging.manager.kafka.client.sasl.jaas.configproperty in the Advanced Configuration Snippet for
- OPSAPS-59530: Service Monitor and Host Monitor scaling improvements
- In the CDP Public Cloud environment, the Service Monitor and Host Monitor now adapt their memory settings to improve cluster scaling. This requires the "Automatic Restart Process" to be enabled. (It is enabled by default).