What's New in Cloudera Manager 7.4.1
New features and changed behavior for Cloudera Manager 7.4.1.
- OPSAPS-59410: BasicAuthentication over TLS support for Kafka Metrics
- Added TLS and BasicAuth support to the Kafka
Brokers' metrics-related HTTP endpoints. - If both the
ssl_enabledconfiguration properties are enabled, the endpoints will be encrypted via TLS. - If
kafka.http.metrics.authentication.enabledis enabled, BasicAuth will be enabled, the username and password will have to be provided in the following properties:
- OPSAPS-59446: Kafka client's configuration in Streams Messaging Manager has been simplified
- A Kafka clients' security.protocol is
auto-configured in Streams Messaging Manager configuration. This
change removes the 'Kafka Client Security Protocol' parameter where it
was set manually. the Jaas configuration for Kafka Clients can be
overridden by using the
streams.messaging.manager.kafka.client.sasl.jaas.configproperty in the Advanced Configuration Snippet for
- OPSAPS-59530: Service Monitor and Host Monitor scaling improvements
- In the CDP Public Cloud environment, the Service Monitor and Host Monitor now adapt their memory settings to improve cluster scaling. This requires the "Automatic Restart Process" to be enabled. (It is enabled by default).
- OPSAPS-59895: MapReduce shuffle encryption is enabled by default
- MapReduce shuffle SSL is enabled by default if Hadoop SSL is enabled on a cluster.