Configuring Apache Hive Metastore High Availability in CDH
You can enable Hive metastore high availability (HA) so that your cluster is resilient to failures if a metastore becomes unavailable. The HA mode is recommended to address fail-over situations. No load balancing is done.
Enabling Hive Metastore High Availability Using Cloudera Manager
Minimum Required Role: Configurator (also provided by Cluster Administrator, Full Administrator)
- Go to the Hive service.
- If you have a secure cluster, change the Hive Delegation Token Store implementation. Non-secure clusters can skip this step.
To apply this configuration property to other role groups as needed, edit the value for the appropriate role group. See Modifying Configuration Properties Using Cloudera Manager.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select .
- Select .
- Locate the Hive Metastore Delegation Token Store property or search for it by typing its name In the Search box.
- Select org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.DBTokenStore.
- Click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Click the Instances tab.
- Click Add Role Instances.
- Click the text field under Hive Metastore Server.
- Check the box by the host on which to run the additional metastore and click OK.
- Click Continue and click Finish.
- Check the box by the new Hive Metastore Server role.
- Select Start to confirm. , and click
- Click Close and click to display the stale configurations page.
- Click Restart Stale Services and click Restart Now.
- Click Finish after the cluster finishes restarting.