Meet the prerequisites
Use this checklist to make sure that you meet all the requirements before you start building your data flow.
- You have a CDP Public Cloud environment.
- You have a CDP username and password set to access Data Hub clusters. The predefined resource role of this user is at least EnvironmentUser. This resource role provides the ability to view Data Hub clusters and set the FreeIPA password for the environment.
- Your user is synchronized to the CDP Public Cloud environment.
- You have a Flow Management Data Hub cluster running in your CDP Public Cloud environment.
- You have a Streams Messaging Data Hub cluster in the same CDP environment as the Flow Management cluster.
- Your CDP user has been added to the appropriate pre-defined Ranger access policies to allow access to the NiFi UI.
- You have set up a consumer group in Ranger, and you have a Ranger policy for Kafka allowing your CDP user to access this consumer group.
- You have a Ranger policy on your Kafka topic you will use as a data source allowing the CDP user to consume from the topic.
- You have created a target folder on your AWS Management Console for the data to be moved to the cloud.
- You have created an AWS role with policies attached allowing write access to the S3 bucket you want to use in your data flow.