What's New in Streams Messaging
Learn about the new Streams Messaging features in Cloudera DataFlow for Data Hub 7.2.8.
- Kafka auditing using Atlas
- An Atlas hook is now available in Kafka. Once it is set up and configured, the hook
provides Atlas with a continuous feed of information about the Kafka service and its
metadata. This enables you to manage, govern, and monitor Kafka metadata in Atlas.
For instructions on how to set up and configure the Atlas hook, see Configuring the Atlas hook in Kafka. For more information on how the hook works and how Kafka metadata is collected, see Kafka metadata collection.
- Upgrade to Dropwizard 2
- The underlying framework has been upgraded from Dropwizard version 1 to 2. This includes new security features, bug-fixes, and a more stable software. For more information read the Dropwizard 2 Release Notes.
- Schema Registry Client basic search functionality
- Added a new method
findAggregatedSchemasto the Schema Registry Client that can be used to search for schemas.
- Ability to override JDBC connection string for Schema Registry and Streams Messaging Manager
database_jdbc_url_overrideparameter is introduced to Schema Registry and Streams Messaging Manager to override the JDBC URL of the database to pass specific parameters if necessary.
This affects Cloudera Manager 7.4.0 and CDH 7.1.7.
Streams Messaging Manager
- SMM graphs display gauge values
There are changes to the SMM graphs displayed in the Topic details page. In the Topic details page, the Data In Count, Data Out Count, and Messages In Count graphs were displaying counter metrics which continuously accumulated and increased over time. Now, it is changed to display gauge values. The number displayed on the top right corner is the sum of all the gauge values within the graph.
- SMM UI graph style and label changed
The graphs displayed in the SMM UI have a consistent look.
Previously, some graphs had curved lines while some had right step style lines. Now, the graphs have step style lines instead of curved lines.
Streams Replication Manager
There are no new features for Streams Replication Manager in this release.