CDP Private Cloud Base requirements
Your CDP Private Cloud Base cluster must have the operating system, JDK, database, CDP components, and CDP Runtime version required to install CDP Private Cloud Data Services.
Operating system, JDK, and database:
The PostgreSQL database instance must be configured to accept inbound TLS requests to the Hive Metastore database. A TLS connection is required when initiated from CDW in OpenShift.
CDP Runtime components (services):
- Hive Metastore (HMS)
Additionally, do the following:
- Set up Kerberos on these clusters using an Active Directory.
- Enable TLS on the Cloudera Manager cluster for communication with components and services.
- Ensure that the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster is on the same network as the OpenShift cluster.
- Configure PostgreSQL database as an external database for the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster components.
- Configure the CDP Private Cloud Base cluster hostnames to be forward and reverse resolvable in DNS from the OpenShift cluster.
httpstraffic when you use a load balancer with the OpenShift external API.
- Ensure hive user is able to create and list an Ozone bucket. For information about creating and listing ozone bucket, see Managing buckets.
You can use the CDP Management Console to create one or more environments. These environments can be associated with any of the Data Lake from the CDP Private Cloud Base clusters. The CDP Private Cloud Base Cloudera Manager deploys the CDP Management Console.
Cloudera currently does not support associating an environment with many CDP Private Cloud Base cluster installations.