Known Issues and Limitations
This section lists the known issues and limitations specific to Cloudera Data Science Workbench 1.10.0.
- AMPs display warning message even though engine:15 is present. For AMPs, the UI might
show warning message even though engine:14 or engine:15 is present as the supported
engine for the AMP. You can disregard this message if either of these engines are
Cloudera Bug: DSE-19086
- AMP creation step might be reported as succeeded, even if a requirement installation
failed. Such installation steps might fail due to intermittent network issues.
Workaround: Check and rerun related project creation steps.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-17966
- Certain AMPs might not provide default ML Runtimes on the project configuration page.
In such cases Cloudera recommends using Python 3.7 as a kernel. Later python kernels
might not be supported due to the libraries used (for example, torch 1.6.0 does not
support python 3.9).
Cloudera Bug: DSE-17965
- Limitation: search_filter is not being applied on Apiv2/python calls.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18804
- API v2 Limitation: Custom project templates created by an Administrator are not
supported by API v2.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18758
- API v2 Limitation: Jobs configured via API v2 can only be set to send email
notifications on success events.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18754
- API v2 known issue: Job creation with invalid fields can cause the created client to
fail running further and provide 502 responses going forward.
Workaround: Stop the code execution and recreate the client.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18753
- API v2 limitation: Using API v2 workloads can be created to use Python2 kernels, even
though site administration has disabled python2 support on the UI.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18744
- API v2 swagger: Authorization header is not passed to some endpoint calls
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18703
- During build time, the model/experiment does not have access to user level environment
Workaround: Add user level environment variables on the Administrative/Project level instead.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-19067
- Model creation fails with ambiguous "Failed to create model" message when there is
already a model with the same name. Issue also applies when using APIv2
Cloudera Bug: DSE-7509
- External emails mentioned in Job settings, vanish every time the job is paused and
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18987
- Environment Variables values are only visible in sessions, applications, jobs, and
models that you launched. You can use these environment variables to securely store
confidential information such as your AWS or database credentials.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-19066
- MLops Governance is not working - Atlas/Kafka/CDSW configuration issue.
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18892
- Workers which cannot be scheduled because of pod quota limit seem to be hang around and
Cloudera Bug: DSE-18479
For information on previous versions, see the following sections.