Prerequisites for using Iceberg
You need to set up your environment and meet Data Lake prerequisites for querying Iceberg tables in CDP. You learn which query editors are supported and which roles are required.
The following list covers prerequisites for using Iceberg:
- You are using the Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW).
- You must have access to a CDP environment that was activated from your environment UI.
- You must create new Database Catalog and Virtual Warehouses.
- One of the following query editors are required to query Iceberg tables:
- Hue (recommended)
- A JDBC client
- The Impala shell for remote users
- You must have the required role: DWUser.
- You must obtain permission to run SQL queries from the Env Admin, who must add you to a Hadoop SQL policy in Ranger.
- You must use the HadoopFileIO. S3FileIO is not supported. URLs in metadata
s3://...cause query failure.