Installing the GPL Extras Parcel
GPL Extras contains functionality for compressing data using the LZO compression algorithm.
To install the GPL Extras parcel:
- Add the appropriate repository to the Cloudera Manager list of parcel repositories. Specify the
repository in Cloudera Manager as follows:
- CDH 6: https://archive.cloudera.com/gplextras6/6.x.y/parcels/
- CDH 5: https://archive.cloudera.com/gplextras5/parcels/5.x.y/
- Download, distribute, and activate the parcel.
- The LZO parcels require that the underlying operating system has the native LZO packages installed. If they are not installed on all cluster hosts, you can install them as follows:
sudo yum install lzoDebian or Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install liblzo2-2SLES:
sudo zypper install liblzo2-2