Known issues in Streams Messaging Manager
Learn about the known issues for Streams Messaging Manager in Cloudera Runtime 7.2.8.
- OPSAPS-59553: SMM's bootstrap server config should be updated based on Kafka's listeners
SMM does not show any metrics for Kafka or Kafka Connect when multiple listeners are set in Kafka.
- Workaround: SMM cannot identify multiple listeners and still points to bootstrap
server using the default broker port (9093 for SASL_SSL). You would have to
override bootstrap server URL (hostname:port as set in the listeners for
broker). Add the bootstrap server details in SMM safety valve in the following
path:Cloudera Manager > SMM > Configuration > Streams Messaging Manager Rest Admin Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for streams-messaging-manager.yaml > Add the following value for bootstrap servers>Save Changes > Restart SMM.
streams.messaging.manager.kafka.bootstrap.servers=<comma-separated list of brokers>
- OPSAPS-59597: SMM UI logs are not supported by Cloudera Manager
Cloudera Manager does not support the log type used by SMM UI.
- Workaround: View the SMM UI logs on the host.
- OPSAPS-59828: SMM cannot connect to Schema Registry when TLS is enabled
When TLS is enabled, SMM by default cannot properly connect to Schema Registry.As a result, when viewing topics in the SMM Data Explorer with the deserializer key or value set to Avro, the following error messages are shown:
In addition, the following certificate error will also be present the SMM log:
- Error deserializing key/value for partition [***PARTITION***] at offset [***OFFSET***]. If needed, please seek past the record to continue consumption.
- Failed to fetch value schema versions for topic : '[***TOPIC**]'.
- javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed:...
- Workaround: Additional security properties must be set for SMM.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the SMM service.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find and configure the SMM_JMX_OPTS property.Add the following JVM SSL properties:
- Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=[***SMM TRUSTSTORE LOCATION***]