What's new in Cloudera Streaming Analytics
Cloudera Streaming Analytics 1.5.0 covers new features beside the core streaming functionality of Apache Flink.
Cloudera Streaming Analytics 1.5.0 introduces the following key features:
- Apache Flink upgrade
- Apache Flink 1.13 is supported in Cloudera Streaming Analytics 1.5.0.
- SQL Session Cluster support
- Session mode is supported for SQL Stream Builder which means that the Flink jobs are running in a session cluster by default. You are also able to set the properties for the session mode directly from the SQL window on the Streaming SQL Console.
- For more information, see the Managing session for SQL jobs section.
- Connector support
- The following new connectors are added as Templates to SQL Stream Builder:
- Change Data Capture (CDC) connectors: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Blackhole connector
- Faker connector
- You are also able to use more types of Kafka connectors as there are individual templates for Upsert Kafka, Kafka in CDP and Kafka outside of CDP.
- For more information, see the Supported tables in SQL Stream Builder section.
- REST API support
- You can use the SQL Stream Builder REST API to manage and monitor your SQL jobs from the CLI using POST and GET endpoints.
- For more information, see the Using SQL Stream Builder REST API section and the SQL Stream Builder API Reference documentation.
- Knox Auto Discovery
- The Auto Discovery feature of Knox is supported for Flink and SQL Stream Builder. This means that you do not need to manually configure the topologies and service definitions for the Knox integration.
- For more information, see the Enabling Knox for SQL Stream Builder and Enabling Knox for Flink Dashboard sections.
- Streaming SQL Console updates
- Expanded Flink SQL support
- More SQL statements are available that can be used directly from the SQL window on the Streaming SQL Console.
- INSERT INTO support
- Instead of using a Sink Table on the Streaming SQL Console, you are able to use the INSERT INTO statement directly in the SQL window to output your query results.
- Tables > Flink DDL option is no longer supported
- Instead of using the Flink DDL wizard, you are able to use Templates under the SQL window to select and import the CREATE TABLE templates.
- For more information, see the Concept of tables in SQL Stream Builder section.