Cloudera Manager service configuration features let you manage the deployment and configuration of CDH and managed services. You can add new services and roles if needed, gracefully start, stop and restart services or roles, and decommission and delete roles or services if necessary. Further, you can modify the configuration properties for services or for individual role instances. If you have a Cloudera Enterprise license, you can view past configuration changes and roll back to a previous revision. You can also generate client configuration files, enabling you to easily distribute them to the users of a service.
The topics in this chapter describe how to configure and use the services on your cluster. Some services have unique configuration requirements or provide unique features: those are covered in Managing Services.
- Adding a Service
- Comparing Configurations for a Service Between Clusters
- Add-on Services
- Starting, Stopping, and Restarting Services
- Rolling Restart
- Aborting a Pending Command
- Deleting Services
- Renaming a Service
- Configuring Maximum File Descriptors
- Exposing Hadoop Metrics to Graphite
- Exposing Hadoop Metrics to Ganglia