MiNiFi Java Agent updates
MiNiFi Java Agents has periodic software updates made available independent of the Edge Flow Manager (EFM) releases.
This section lists major features and updates for the independent CEM MiNiFi Java Agent release.
April 18, 2023
CEM MiNiFi Java Agent - 1.23.04release includes:
- FIPS compatibility for MiNiFi Java
Now MiNiFi Java can be run in FIPS enabled environments and it can use BouncyCastle FIPS keystores (BCFKS).
- Support access through Load Balancer/Proxy
When agents are behind Load Balancer/Proxy, EFM relies on the X-FORWARDED-HOST header to create absolute download URLs for the agents (flow, asset, and file transfer). Not all Load Balancers or Proxies support this header or they can be configured to remove it, so to bypass the issue the agent can rely on the relative path sent by EFM (from version 22.214.171.124) and combine it with the host configured for the agent to create the proper absolute URL. Three new properties have been introduced while keeping backward compatibility so the old ones can still be used. The old properties will be removed in a future release.The new properties are:
- Base path of the C2 server's REST API
For example: http://localhost/efm/api
- Relative URL of the C2 server's heartbeat endpoint
For example: /c2-protocol/heartbeat
- Relative URL of the C2 server's acknowledge endpoint
For example: /c2-protocol/acknowledge
March 30, 2023
CEM MiNiFi Java Agent - 1.23.02.1000 Service Pack includes the
same features as the 1.23.02 release and a fix for the “Too many open files” error
introduced in 1.23.02, which is caused by non-closed files in the heartbeat request.
February 15, 2023
CEM MiNiFi Java Agent - 1.23.02release includes:
- Property update command with the C2 protocol
UPDATE/PROPERTIEScommand. This command allows agents to update bootstrap properties using the C2 protocol. For more information, see Agent details in CEM.
- Pushing assets to agents with the C2 protocol
Implemented the UPDATE/ASSET command. This command allows agents to download artifacts into the specified assets directory as per instructed by the C2 server. For more information, see Using Asset Push command.
- Using change ingestors for configuration updates is no longer necessary.
- The following issues are fixed:
- Hanging bootstrap commands when executing large flows.
- Debug command fails on windows due to malformed input.
- Many additional small improvements and stability fixes.
October 12, 2022
CEM MiNiFi Java Agent - 1.22.10release includes:
- Lightweight heartbeat support
This reduces the payload size of the heartbeat and the agent sends the full agent manifest only if a change is detected. The functionality can be enabled with the
c2.full.heartbeat=falseproperty in the
- Debug support through C2 protocol
Debug bundles can be requested from EFM Agent Manager for the given agent. For more details, see Debug agent in CEM.
- GZip C2 requests
Using GZipped requests can be beneficial to prevent network saturation. To enable it, set the
c2.request.compression=gzipproperty in the
- Docker images released for multiple platforms (x86, ARM)
- The following issues are fixed:
- Missing required controller services for several processors
- Fixed agent information values when running agent on Windows
July 28, 2022
CEM MiNiFi Java Agent - 1.22.07release includes:
- Initial release of the new MiNiFi Java Agent based on the latest version of NiFi (1.16.3).
- Includes heartbeat and update/configuration support over the C2 protocol.