Supported Configurations with Virtualization and Cloud Platforms
This section lists supported configurations for deploying Cloudera software on virtualization and cloud platforms, and provides links to reference architectures for these platforms.
For information on deploying Cloudera software on a Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure, see the Reference architecture for deploying on Microsoft Azure.
The following limitations and restrictions apply to deploying on Microsoft Azure in the current release:
- Only the D-14 instance types are supported. Use of Virtual Hard Drives (VHDs) is encouraged to increase storage density.
- Only Cloudera Manager 5.x and CDH 5.x are supported.
- The only supported operating system is CentOS 6.5.
- The following services are supported:
- MRv2 (YARN)
- The following services are not yet supported but are available for installation:
For information on deploying Cloudera software on a VMware-based infrastructure, see the Reference architecture for deploying on VMware.
The following limitations and restrictions apply to deploying on VMware in the current release:
- Use the part of Hadoop Virtual Extensions that has been implemented in HDFS: HADOOP-8468. This will prevent data loss when a physical node goes down that hosts two or more DataNodes.
- Isilon and shared storage are not supported.