Using Search to Query Loaded Data
After loading data into Search as described in Load and Index Data in Search, you can use Hue to query data.
Hue must have admin privileges to query loaded data. This is because querying requires Hue import collections or indexes, and these processes can only be completed with admin permissions on the Solr service.
- Connect to Cloudera Manager and click the Hue service, which is often named something like HUE-1. Click Hue Web UI.
- Click on the Search menu.
- Select the Enron collection for import.
- (Optional) Click the Enron collection to configure how the search results display. For more information, see Hue Configuration.
- Type a search string in the Search... text box and press Enter.
- Review the results of your Search.