Configuring SSL for the Cloudera Navigator Data Management Component
To enable SSL communication between the Cloudera Navigator Metadata Server and its clients:
- Open the Cloudera Manager Admin Console and go to the Cloudera Management Service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select .
- Select .
- Edit the following SSL properties according to your cluster configuration.
Property Description Enable TLS/SSL for Navigator Metadata Server Encrypt communication between clients and Navigator Metadata Server using Transport Layer Security (TLS) (formerly known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL)). SSL Keystore File Location The path to the TLS/SSL keystore file containing the server certificate and private key used for TLS/SSL. Used when Navigator Metadata Server is acting as a TLS/SSL server. The keystore must be in JKS format. SSL Keystore File Password The password for the Navigator Metadata Server JKS keystore file. SSL Keystore Key Password The password that protects the private key contained in the JKS keystore used when Navigator Metadata Server is acting as a TLS/SSL server.
- Click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart the Navigator Metadata server.