Cloudera Manager's Host Monitoring features let you manage and monitor the status of the hosts in your clusters.
Viewing All Hosts
To display summary information about all the hosts managed by Cloudera Manager, click Hosts in the main navigation bar. The All Hosts page displays with a list of all the hosts managed by Cloudera Manager.
- The information provided varies depending on which columns are selected. To change the columns, click the Columns: n Selected drop-down and select the checkboxes next to the columns to display.
- Click to the left of the number of roles to list all the role instances running on that host.
Filter the hosts list by entering search terms (hostname, IP address, or role) in the search box separated by commas or spaces. Use quotes for exact matches (for example, strings that contain spaces, such as a role name) and brackets to search for ranges. Hosts that match any of the search terms are displayed. For example:
hostname[1-3], hostname8 hostname9, "hostname.example.com" hostname.example.com “HDFS DataNode”
- You can also search for hosts by selecting a value from the facets in the Filters section at the left of the page.
- If the Configuring Agent Heartbeat and Health Status Options are configured as follows:
- Send Agent heartbeat every x
- Set health status to Concerning if the Agent heartbeats fail y
- Set health status to Bad if the Agent heartbeats fail z
- v < x * y = Good
- v >= x * y and <= x * z = Concerning
- v >= x * z = Bad
- Click the Roles tab.
- Click a cluster name or All Clusters.
Disks OverviewClick the Disks Overview tab to display an overview of the status of all disks in the deployment. The statistics exposed match or build on those in iostat, and are shown in a series of histograms that by default cover every physical disk in the system.
Adjust the endpoints of the time line to see the statistics for different time periods. Specify a filter in the box to limit the displayed data. For example, to see the disks for a single rack rack1, set the filter to: logicalPartition = false and rackId = "rack1" and click Filter. Click a histogram to drill down and identify outliers. Mouse over the graph and click to display additional information about the chart.
Viewing the Hosts in a Cluster
- Select .
- In the Home screen, click in a full form cluster table.
Viewing Individual Hosts
You can view detailed information about an individual host—resources (CPU/memory/storage) used and available, which processes it is running, details about the host agent, and much more—by clicking a host link on the All Hosts page. See Host Details.